￼Raindrop technique is a powerful technique using essential oils that was developed by D. Gary Young in the 1980s. It combines several holistic modalities to bring balance and alignment to the body in a non-invasive manner. It also stimulates all the body systems on a physical and emotionally level.
The Raindrop technique involves applying therapeutic grade essential oils to the spine, neck and feet. The session lasts about an hour however the benefits may last up to a week or more. Dr. Young, found that combining several holistic techniques, described below, created a synergistic effect for the body. The three modalities that combine to form Raindrop Technique are:
• Aromatherapy – Raindrop technique uses seven single essential oils, two blends and one essential oil massage blend during the session. It is congruent with the French application of aromatherapy where essential oils are applied NEAT (undiluted) to the body.
• Vita Flex Technique – Vita Flex was brought to the US in
the 1920s by Stanley Burroughs. It is an ancient Tibetan healing methodology meaning “vitality through the reflexes”. Its theory is based on the fact that slight pressure applied to the body creates an electric charge that is therapeutic to the body. This is known as piezoelectric.
• Feather Stroking – This is similar to a massage term technique called effleurage. But this technique was actually termed by the Native American Indians.
Essential oils are actually dropped from about 6 inches above the spine, simulating rain drops! It is thought that the oils interact with a person’s electric field before even penetrating the skin of the back. Thereby, enhancing the electromagnetic properties of the oils as well.
Benefits of Raindrop Technique
There are numerous benefits of the Raindrop Technique. Here are just a few:
• Balance and Re-align the Energy Centers of the Body
• Non-Manipulative Technique
• Reduce Stress
• Aid the Body’s Natural Response to Irritation and Injury
• Ease Occasional Muscle, Bone, and Joint Discomfort
• Improve Immune System Functions
• Emotional Well Being and Release
• Help Detox the Body Systems